Search This Blog

Friday, 6 November 2015

A Partially Cute Splicer Mask - Cat~



So above is the mask on a splicer in game~ I really like the masks and was like "hey, let's make one!" so here we go~

First off, I bought a cat shaped mask from Spotlight and cut out the "missing area" on the mask, I also added my own ribbon and did not include the whiskers, all of this will make sense in the future..

Ok, so to start you will need:
  • Gold paint
  • White paint
  • A pencil
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon (or the handles off a gift bag)
  • A cat shaped mask (or you can be extra crafty and cut cat ear shapes from a normal mask~
  • OPTIONAL - Black paint (inside the mask) 
  • OPTIONAL - Whiskers/ wire (wire as whiskers)
  • OPTIONAL - Fake blood/ red paint (if you wanna be a bloody splicer hehe)
Use this for referral if you need!
 This is all pretty easy to obtain and very cheap too. I'm sick of looking at tutorials that name items I can't even begin to fathom. Anyway, on with the tutorial!

First off, you will need to take off any price sticker that may be present on the mask, I had to do this, so you might have to.

Then, apply a coat of white paint to the front of the mask. When this coat has dried, add a few more until it reaches your desirable whiteness. If you are going to make the mask seem older or more used, you can also distress the paint by disrupting the drying! (I had fun with this)

Next, after making it all nice and white, take your pencil and mark out some very nice swirls. For this step, refer to basically any picture of a splicer mask and try to mimic the swirls. They are normally at the top of the mask, over and under the eyes and the cheeks and ears.

After marking them out, paint with the gold paint, try to stay in the lines, it isn't that necessary though. If you do go out of the lines, you can apply more white paint when it is dry.

After reaching the desired look, you may want to cut out chunks of the mask, to make it look more worn. OPTIONAL - after completing this step, you may want to apply blood splatters. You can either plan or go Jackson Pollock on it!

Now, add the ribbon and try the mask on! Isn't it cool? You made this, show it off~

OPTIONAL - after doing all of the above, you can paint the inside of the mask black, this may make it look classier~ Also, you can add the whiskers too!


With the black it looks classy!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and made the mask~ I hope it looks great! Look out for more posts and keep bein cute!
 
What it should look like when completed <3


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment