So I decided that for something different, since I'll be making Xmas art, I would make a Ghibli inspired bookmark! It is only the wandering soot, sorry, but feel free to do anything with your bookmark~ also sorry about image quality in advance, I took the photos with my phone and not the camera this time so they are a teeny but worse!
So what you will need is...
So first things first, you'll want to get your white paper and make a lil' fold to make a bookmark rectangle (thin but still a good size).
Then what you'll need to do is cut that piece off and sit it on top of the newspaper, so then no paint ruins whatever you are working on! (I didn't cuz I'm lazy and working on a wood table, all good man)
Now that you have completed that, paint on a thin layer of water only and quickly after doing that, dab little dots of black, these will be the soots. Don't fret about them branching out weirdly, just swirl a circle over them, should look fine after that!
Next, pat the bookmark dry with the paper towel and wait a minute for it to dry more. After I did this, I added the background colour and dried it again. I used blue~
Then, put on some little white ovals for eyes~ Their eyes vary, so if you make a mistake, it shouldn't matter too much.
Now that you have done that, wait a little longer to dry the eyes and draw on some pupils and arms!
Some of my little soots are turned around, so don't mind the lack of eyes!
Now, add the stars. I used 3 basic colours, green, yellow and pink (my friend told me those are bascially the colours of them, and its true, they don't have many colours). I drew actual 5 point stars and just added more points!
After adding the stars, line them and then you are done! Feel free to punch a hole in the top to add a ribbon or even to laminate the bookmark, make it all fancy~ I, though, am lazy and will let it be a normal sheet of paper.
I hope you enjoyed this, please look out for more to come~ see you~
So what you will need is...
- Paper (any colour, really, I used white)
- Scissors (to cut out the bookmark)
- Black and white paint (I used watercolours)
- Paintbrushes and water
- Newspaper (optional, underneath the bookmark)
- Paper towel
- Permanent markers (or just coloured textas, either way~)
- Anddd finally a lining pen! (or a normal black pen!)
- You can also bring in another colour watercolour for background if you want <3
So first things first, you'll want to get your white paper and make a lil' fold to make a bookmark rectangle (thin but still a good size).
![]() | ||
| About this size, A4 paper too! |
Now that you have completed that, paint on a thin layer of water only and quickly after doing that, dab little dots of black, these will be the soots. Don't fret about them branching out weirdly, just swirl a circle over them, should look fine after that!
Next, pat the bookmark dry with the paper towel and wait a minute for it to dry more. After I did this, I added the background colour and dried it again. I used blue~
Then, put on some little white ovals for eyes~ Their eyes vary, so if you make a mistake, it shouldn't matter too much.
![]() |
| All dry! |
![]() |
| Lil' eyes!! |
Some of my little soots are turned around, so don't mind the lack of eyes!
Now, add the stars. I used 3 basic colours, green, yellow and pink (my friend told me those are bascially the colours of them, and its true, they don't have many colours). I drew actual 5 point stars and just added more points!
After adding the stars, line them and then you are done! Feel free to punch a hole in the top to add a ribbon or even to laminate the bookmark, make it all fancy~ I, though, am lazy and will let it be a normal sheet of paper.
I hope you enjoyed this, please look out for more to come~ see you~








No comments:
Post a Comment